Threshold Society was founded in 1988 to educate and provide context for spiritual development within the Mevlevi Tradition. Though we are primarily a community of friends in Spirit, in order to be able to function and receive funds for the support of the work of this tradition, we are incorporated in the United States as a 501c3 non-profit under the name Alif International, doing business as “Threshold Society.”
Our current board members are:
None of the Threshold Society board members receive payment for their board member services. Threshold Society has always been blessed to receive the generous support of many volunteers without whom we could not function.
Threshold Society income received from donations, programs, and events is allocated in the following ways; always in the support of our purpose and tradition:
- Communications (internet, zoom, web servicing)
- General office expenses (supplies, postage, copying, etc.)
- Equipment & software
- Bank and PayPal processing fees
- Guest hospitality
- Travel expenses and small honorariums for guest teachers
- Travel expenses for Kabir and Camille when they journey to offer retreats
- Part-time “office” staff for technical assistance and event organization
- HeartSpace App technical upgrades and maintenance
- Program Development: Beginning in 2024 this includes regular support of Kabir Dede’s development and oversight of programs as he endeavors to complete a body of work to carry forward for the next generations.